Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jewish Apple Cake

This is by far one of the best cakes I have made. This is my own Jewish Apple Cake. It is one of those wonderful creations that you can eat for breakfast or for dessert and is best paired with a great cup of coffee. I hope that you try this recipe at home and let me know what YOU think. Enjoy!...


Cut, peel and slice 4 to 5 apples. Mix them in a bowl with 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 5 tablespoons of sugar. Let stand while mixing the batter.



In a mixing bowl beat 3 cups flour, 2 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 4 eggs, 1 cup vegetable oil (I like to use canola oil), 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and 1/4 cup orange juice






In a greased and floured pan layer batter and apples. Batter first and last









Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour







I think were going to need a bigger boat *er*um* pan...




Tadaa...doesn't that look fabulous?! The top is nice and cracked, perfect for the glaze.





I decided to add a little 'spice' into my glaze. In a bowl, mix 4 cups confectioners sugar, 2 tablespoons butter (always use real butter for the best outcome), 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Using a wisk, beat in 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk or until desired consistency.





Pour the glaze over the cake while it is still warm. The glaze will drip over the side and then harden up.




Fabulous! Now get that cup of coffee, go outside with a blanket and enjoy the beautiful fall weather with this lovely cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks soooo yummy!! Amanda