Saturday, December 12, 2009

Happy Hanukkah!

Today I will be celebrating my very first Hanukkah with my best friend Mindy and her husband Ryan. I am so excited to learn all about their family traditions and share this special holiday with them!

So this morning I made a Red Chrayn (pronounced khreyn). I found this recipe while looking through Nigela Lawson's book - Nigela Christmas

This book is actually a Christmas gift that I begged to open early :-)

I used;
  • 1 Cup Horseradish Sauce
  • 2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
  • 1 Uncooked Red Beet - peeled

I whisked together the Horseradish Sauce and Sour Cream. Then (wearing latex gloves) I grated the red beet into the mixture. Here is my final product;


Chrayn is typically served as a condiment with fish...I can't wait to try it out!

I also made this yummy Monkey Bread for dessert;

Happy Hanukkah everyone!

1 comment:

Freddae' said...

Looks awesome.

I would love to learn more about Jewish traditions and celebrations. My cousin is Jewish and she's so good about introducing these things to her Christian family. It's fun sharing these special things with each other.